SCIENTIFIC NAME: Sisyrinchium angustifolium
COMMON NAMES: Narrowleaf Blue-eyed Grass, Bermuda Blue-eyed Grass, Blue-eyed Grass, Common Blue-eyed Grass
- It is a good early-season pollinator plant.
- Halictid bees, including green metallic bees, are most important visitors to flowers, & collect pollen or suck nectar.
- Bumblebees, other kinds of bees, & bee flies are less frequent visitors seeking nectar.
- Syrphid flies feed on pollen or suck nectar.
- Seeds & other parts of this plant are eaten to a limited extent by the Greater Prairie Chicken & Wild Turkey.