SCIENTIFIC NAME: Oligoneuron album (Aster ptarmicoides)
COMMON NAMES: Stiff White Aster, White Goldenrod, Prairie Goldenrod, Stiff Aster, Stiff Goldenrod , White Upland Aster, White Upland Goldenrod, & White Flat-topped Goldenrod.
BLOOM TIME: June, July, Aug, Sept
- Little known about floral-faunal relationship.
- The rare Karner's Blue butterfly & rare Poweshiek Skipperling skipper visit the flowerhead.
- The common Pennsylvania Soldier Beetle also have been seen on flowerhead.
- The butterfly & skipper feed on nectar.
- The soldier beetle probably feeds on pollen.
- Many other insects undoubtedly visit its flowerheads.